Chuck Grassley

United States Senator from Iowa





Grant Information

Senator Grassley encourages Iowans to compete for federal grants. Any Iowan who is submitting a federal grant application is encouraged to contact Senator Grassley’s office. It is not necessary to send an entire grant proposal, but the following items should be included in the information provided to his office:
  • Name of organization applying for the federal grant.
  • Full contact information including name/address/phone number/email of primary contact for the organization applying for grant.
  • Name of federal agency to which the grant application is being made.
  • Name of the grant program and the program number from the Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CDFA).
  • Name of the project.
  • Project description or project abstract
Senator Grassley will review the grant application and, if at all possible, send a letter directly to the federal department or agency asking that the application receive all due consideration. Senator Grassley also sends a letter to the grant applicant in every case where he has sent a letter of support to the federal department or agency.
Senator Grassley does not provide letters of support for applications made to State agencies.
To learn what federal funds are available, go to the Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance. The search engine on that website is a helpful tool in determining the opportunities for various projects.
To learn about additional grant money that is available, the following information compiled by the Congressional Research Service is useful.
Please contact Senator Grassley’s office with additional questions or requests for information.