Chuck Grassley

United States Senator from Iowa





Help with Federal Agencies

Senator Grassley provides services for Iowans who are having problems dealing with a federal agency, including the Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services (formerly Immigration and Naturalization Service, or the INS), the State Department, the Internal Revenue Service, the Social Security Administration, the Veterans Administration, and the branches of the United States Military. 

He maintains a staff of experienced and dedicated constituent services specialists in offices located in Des Moines, Cedar Rapids, Davenport, Sioux City, Waterloo and Council Bluffs. Iowans can call those offices directly or submit the web form below. To expedite help from Senator Grassley, Iowans are encouraged to gather and organize relevant documents and records in advance of making contact with the Grassley office.

Senator Grassley's office is able to address issues within the laws and regulations of the United States. 

The Privacy Act of 1974 prohibits the government from revealing any information from personal files of individuals without the express permission of the person involved. For problems with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services please fill out this consent form for Senator Grassley to act on your behalf.  For problems with all other federal agencies please fill out this consent form

In addition, due to the separation of the legislative and judicial branches of government, members of Congress cannot intervene in criminal and civil matters, including legal disputes, child custody matters and divorce cases. In such cases, assistance may be obtained by calling the Iowa Bar Association Lawyer Referral Service toll-free at (800) 532-1108.

* denotes required fields